Monday, October 03, 2005

SONNET NO 5 - By Deepak Menon


Ah! The pleasures of the flesh be nothing compared
To the savoring of a morsel when hunger calls
To the solace when in sickness am I tenderly cared
To its soothing touch when the summer rain falls
O! The pain of parting from my true love is naught
Compared to the agony when mine child does cry
Or the feel of his brow when it’s feverish and hot
Or from the glimpse of a tear in mother’s eye
But hunger’s soon forgot till the next meal
And autumn erases memories of the summer rain
A toy stops the cries and the pain soon does heal
Soon forgot is the tear in mother’s eye had lain
....... But my yearning for the tender looks of Love's eyes
....... Is simmering constancy – a glimpse of Paradise!

1 comment:

Deepak Menon said...

Oh Serena!
Just came to my blog after years and years and saw your post - love you my darling daughter - and thank that God guy for the connectors of the modern age - the Internet - we are never far away.
Mother and I miss you too much - I think you should pack your Karan and migrate right back home to Dehradun!
Love
Deepk