Sunday, May 21, 2006

A quatrain from Khayyam and one written by me..

LXXIII. A quartrain by Omar Khayyam from
his immortal Rubiyyat of Omar Khayyam
translated by Edward Fitzgerald
.
Ah, Love! could thou and I with Fate conspire
.
To grasp this sorry Scheme of Things entire,
.
Would not we shatter it to bits--and then
.
Re-mould it nearer to the Heart's Desire!
.
*******
No 132. A quartrain by Deepak Menon from his book of
Poetry - Tamam Shudh - Poems of Passion
.
Many a time have I made strong my resolve
.
To seek an answer - the great mystery to solve
.
As to why HE who gives and takes all
.
Decreed that the puzzle of life - remain unsolv'd?

1 comment:

siddharth said...

wow deepak
i tried to go through a part of tamam....but i realised that it required serious time,

go on, these coming in pieces will be easier for me to remember and may be, after all the puzzle of life may not remain unsolv'd ;-)