Thursday, June 28, 2012

'TIS AN IDLE FANCY - A poem my me written in an idle moment ...

                                                 'Tis AN IDLE FANCY 

                                                                                        A poem by Deepak Menon

I love HER? How can you say that?
I tell you it is not true!!
You insist! Even when it isn't a fact?
Oh! How can I convince you?
.
I do not believe a word you say!
And even if I did, so what?
So what if throughout the day
My brow is feverish and hot?
.
So what if from my deepest slumber
I start, and then to her call out?
So what if efforts to erase her memory
Have by time - been put to rout?
.
So what if I often think of her,
And talk and dream and live her name?
So what if my eyes are often filmed
With tears of sorrow, lingering shame
.
That I could not my conscience still
And keep my tryst with destiny's call?
So what if her image my heart does fill
So what if she holds my heart in thrall?
.
'Tis nonsense, once more I tell you
You are mistaken, though you know me well
Even though away with my soul she flew
'Tis an idle fancy, - can't you tell?

3 comments:

Karol ..................... said...

You have such talent, Deepak. I am so impressed. This poem has so much meaning.\
Thank you

Nancy Miller said...

Lovely...

welcome to my sanctuary. -cbb said...

omg to your ingenuity!
hats off, it reeks of

*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´
♥«´¨`•°LOVE.°•´¨`»♥o
¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*