Saturday, June 30, 2012

KNOWLEDGE - WROTE THESE MANY YEARS AGO FOR MY CHILDREN

5.   KNOWLEDGE  5.1  Knowledge  is   the   sum   total   of   one's   life's  experience  and   study.  
And   of   all   knowledge,   the   knowledge   gained   by   one's  personal   experience   is  
the   longest   lasting.  

5.2 Most   people   who   thirst for   knowledge   never   get   a   chance  to   obtain  it,   but   
get   lost   in   the   desert   sands   of   the   struggle for   existence.   And   most   of   those   
who   have   been   blessed   with   the   means   for   acquiring   knowledge,   scorn its   pursuit.   
And   most   of   those   who   acquire  knowledge  are   soon   gone   from   this   world   leaving  
not  a   trace to   show   for   it   like   rain   on   the   sands   of   the   desert.   
It  is   the  small   miniscule   who   record   their experiences   for  posterity,   to   whom   we   
owe   every   comfort   of   civilization.  

5.3 Never   has   the   birch   raised   a   welt   on   which   words   of  knowledge   could   
be   imprinted.

7 comments:

bennett ~ said...

Do you mean that knowledge in not gained through whipping people? I would agree.

Deepak Menon said...

You got it absolutely right old girl! I do not believe that children should ever be punished!

Karol ..................... said...

Thank you Deepak for sharing your thoughts on knowledge. I enjoyed reading them.

dharmveer kapil said...

Reading some thing knowledgeable about knowledge is very interesting. you are a genius, a fact that I knew since beginning.
However, you could not yet write any thing about my book, INCREDIBLE TALES FROM THE WILDERNESS, so far., in spite of your repeated assurance. Now I can call your explanation about your sincerity and other reason , if any. No more time can be extended gentleman. Please do it now. you are free to write any thing . kapil

dharmveer kapil said...

Reading some thing knowledgeable about knowledge is very interesting. you are a genius, a fact that I knew since beginning.
However, you could not yet write any thing about my book, INCREDIBLE TALES FROM THE WILDERNESS, so far., in spite of your repeated assurance. Now I can call your explanation about your sincerity and other reason , if any. No more time can be extended gentleman. Please do it now. you are free to write any thing . kapil

**Had Enough** said...

Very nice
I think gaining the wisdom and knowledge of the world is an ongoing, satisfying, and rewarding activity. We have such a small brain yet we can keep so much in it. "the sum total of one's life's experience and study."

Deepak Menon said...

Dear Kapilji
I have been reading your book - the most incredible book I have ever read about wildlife and ecological balance and adventure off and on - in fact read it all the way to Doon when we drove there last month, yet I find that it is not possible for me to write a worthy review of this INCREDIBLE BOOK - which really is so appropriately named "INCREDIBLE TALES FROM THE WILDERNESS", without treating it like a text book and making notes. I have spent all day since morning in bed with it in my hands, reading it again - and every page appears that I am reading something new and extraordinary.
Be assured I will write the Review and it will be a review worthy of the book and perhaps as far as you go - I will have to decorate the book with roses and frame it in my drawing room!
I will give you a ring by and by and we are both really proud of you beyond measure!
I think I will publish the review right on my blog as well as on yours by week end surely.
Cheers and love to family and kids
Deepak