Thursday, September 14, 2006

IF EVER, OVER MY GRAVE, YOU GRIEVE - Poem by Deepak Menon

A moment ago your eyes personified life's joys,
...............great and small
Your face smiled at the world.
Your face still smiles, but like the smile painted on a doll
As absently, you brush aside a curl,
.
Of your carelessly ribboned locks of wavy lustrous hair
Falling in a cascade around your face.
And I see that the fire of love in your eyes, is no longer there
Vanished without a trace.
.
I know that, for some time you will continue to profess love
While you gently retreat,
From my life, knowing that, I have already suffered enough
While worshipping your feet.
.
I wonder if you will ever think about me in later years,
When another, you gently leave;
I wonder if your lovely eyes will well with reluctant tears,
If ever, over my grave, you grieve.

. . . . ........................ Deepak Menon

1 comment:

siddharth said...

B..E..A..UTIFUL